Thank you for your interest in our STEM Challenge events! All events will be held at our Cordova store location at 8195 Dexter Rd. Our STEM Challenge events are led by a STEM Ambassador from the University of Memphis. There is a non-refundable $5.00 registration fee per student, and it covers all materials.
Please make sure the number of students you are registering matches the quantity of registration fees you are purchasing. Please arrive to event a few minutes early to check in and receive a name tag. All events have a specified grade level. When selecting your month for registration: 1st-4th grades are (A) and 5th-8th grades are (B).
Our upcoming STEM events include:
- October 1st – Solar Oven and Space Lander – 1st-4th grade (10am-noon) / 5th-8th grade (1pm-3pm)
- November 5th – Alka-Seltzer Rockets – 1st-4th grade (10am-noon) / 5th-8th grade (1pm-3pm)
- December 3rd – Paper Making (Recycling) – 1st-4th grade (10am-noon)
- January 14th – Criminal Investigation – 1st-3rd Grade (10am-noon)
- January 14th – Catapult – 4th-8th Grade (1pm-3pm)
- February 11th – Water Boat Racing and Surface Tension (Time and Grade TBA)
- March 4th – Wind Powered K’Nex Car – 1st-4th grade (10am-noon) / 5th-8th grade (1pm-3pm)
- April 1st – Science of Sound – 1st-4th grade (10am-noon) / 5th-8th grade (1pm-3pm)
- May 6th – Oil spill (Time and Grade TBA)
Please show up a little early to check in and receive your name tag. Events are predicted to last approximately 2 hours. Click here to pay your non-refundable registration fee.