Trying to figure out a fun and different way to do Valentine’s Day with your students? How about Valentine’s Day Science Experiments! Check out this list of fun ideas.
Valentine’s Candy Experiments:
- On the Fun-a-Day blog they have a “What do you think will happen?” experiment with candy hearts. It places the conversation hearts in five different substances and the students hypothesis what will happen.
- Steve Spangler Science provides four different experiments with popular candy given during Valentine’s day, from candy hearts to pop rocks to M&Ms.
A Rose By Any Other Name:
- On the Growing a Jeweled Rose they give step-by-step instructions on how to create colorful flowers.
- Inspiration Laboratories provides a list of fun Valentine’s Day themed science experiments from Frozen Vinegar Hearts to Valentine Potions.
- We all remember doing Borax Crystals in school. Paging Fun Mums shows us how to grow Valentine inspired crystals.
- Learning Through Play has a recipe for fun with this sensory Valentine’s slime!
- Bath Activities for Kids has a great idea with Love Lamps and Bubbling Chocolate!